We started the vacation off by going to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We order this gigantic appetizer which contained several small orders of all their appetizers. This was a great idea because we were still able to take Cheesecake home and eat it. We got three different kinds of cheesecake to share between Katie, Suz (Katie's sister), and me...Yum!
Saturday was Ledger's (Katie's Nephew) Birthday Party. It was an Elmo theme since Ledge is in love with EVERYTHING Elmo. Some of Ledge's little friends came over for the Party. There was lunch, cake, and a pin the nose on Elmo game. It was very entertaining watching all of the little kids reactions to being blind-folded and spun around. Not all would let Suz do that, but it was fun when they did.
After the Party, Katie and I headed down to the Outlets. It was the perfect day to be there. The sun was out and not broken like the one in Utah. There was also a nice breeze...Perfect Outdoor Shopping Conditions. I scored with the purchase of a $5.00 shirt from Banana Republic. Anyone who is in love with that store can understand the beauty in that purchase. That was everything I brought that day. Katie was able to fulfill a life long dream of owning her own Puma shoes and she also picked up a couple of other stuff.
On our way back home from the outlets Katie and I went sight seeing at the local homeless shelter. It wasn't by choice, but it scared me being somewhere that is truly ghetto. I think I saw a drug deal go down. ;) I thought I was going to die, but at the same time felt bad that people had chosen or somehow ended up in this life style. There were sleeping bags lined up underneath on of the underpasses with people crammed in.
That night ended with getting some pretty good Mexican food from a restaurant in a gas station. We also got some really good yogurt at Golden Spoon. There use to be a Yogurt Store in Cameron Park, but it went out of business. I forgot how much I like yogurt over ice cream.
That night ended with getting some pretty good Mexican food from a restaurant in a gas station. We also got some really good yogurt at Golden Spoon. There use to be a Yogurt Store in Cameron Park, but it went out of business. I forgot how much I like yogurt over ice cream.
Also throughout the weekend Katie and I managed to go to the Strip. I can honestly say that I have seen the Strip and have no desire to be back any time soon. It is filthy on some many different levels. The only part that I wouldn't mind seeing again was the fountains at the Belagio. They were amazing to watch.


Katie and I also went to H&M. It is this huge clothing store that according to my mother is on What Not To Wear. They have so many clothes there. I ended up buying a really cute Sunday Dress. And when I wear it on Sunday I will take pictures to post so you can all see how dang cute it is. For now you will have to do with a brief description: It is sleeveless but has thick straps. The pattern is a big rose pattern in black and white. It looks really old fashion and something you would see at Ann Taylor's.
Monday came way to quickly. We woke up and packed. Katie, Suz, the kids, and me headed to Trader Joes because Katie is obsessed with their Tomato Soup. Next we met Ryker (Suz's Husband) for Lunch. We went this restaurant I believe is call Panera. It is a Sandwich, Soup, and Salad. It really reminded me of La Bou. I really enjoyed the food.

After Lunch the time had come for Katie and I to depart. We said our goodbyes and headed home to Provo. The drive down consisted of Katie and I BLASTING music all the way back with a little bit of studying here and there for Anatomy. We arrived back home JUST in time for the Bachelor and the Monday TV night to begin.

The weekend was overall relaxing. I got tired around 10:00pm and just went to bad. It felt so good to be out of Provo even if it went by to quickly. I got to spend some time with now 2 year old Ledge and about 4 month old Lola. Suzette and Ryker were amazing for allowing me to stay and were so much fun to hang out with.
The weekend was overall relaxing. I got tired around 10:00pm and just went to bad. It felt so good to be out of Provo even if it went by to quickly. I got to spend some time with now 2 year old Ledge and about 4 month old Lola. Suzette and Ryker were amazing for allowing me to stay and were so much fun to hang out with.
P.S. My name is Megan Phipps and I am addicted to Diet Dr. Pepper. Starting on Tuesday, February 17th I will be giving it up. :)

0 comments:
Post a Comment