CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Something that has been bothering me...

As an aunt absolutely in love with her nieces and nephews, I find myself in a predicament every time I am bragging about them. Why isn't there a word that encompasses both nieces and nephews?? For parents, you have children. For grandparents, you have grandchildren. Why nothing for aunts and uncles?? Right now you are probably trying to come up with a "made-up" word...but trust me...it doesn't work. They just sound stupid...nothing cool! I am extremely frustrated about this situation. I guess until something comes up, I will have to stick with the old "my nieces and nephews" bit.

And for the record I have the coolest and best nieces and nephews! I really miss them :)

I know I am missing two: Keira and Kaleb. I love these two kids even though I never get to see them because they live so far away. I will always love them.

2 comments:

Rick

Gotta go with 'Niblings' for the collective term. It's not legit, but close enough for me.

Jolene

And they love you too. Just look at those little faces. Coolest Aunt ever...Bagen!