Why do I love coming home?
Wow! that is a tough one...
(Yes, this is Caden hanging off the cart with one foot and hand while I pushed it around)
I was feeling adventerous one day and took Makayla and Caden to the grocery store with me. Why would I do that? Parents are normally elated to be childless at the grocery store. Well because I could! I love running around with them and for the most part, they listen extremely well to me.
(Caden covering his face from the rain with a plastic bag. I corrected it right after the picture)
So it all started one evening after my dad came home from work. I was watching one of my new favorite shows (Off the Map) and he came to rest in the family room. Randomly he looked at my mom and said "Do you think we should give Megan her present right now?" Oh course I instantly said, "Yeah she does!!" This led to a scavenger hunt throughout the house looking for my present. I would like to relate this hunt to the show Storage Wars. Even though I didn't buy a storage unit, I picked my parents' closet thinking it was worth the time. Here I was trying to find this one treasure that would make me so happy, but all I could see was piles of clothes, old boxes, and random objects piled up to the ceiling. After 5 minutes of feeling claustrophobic, I moved on.
I ended up finding it under my Dad's arm pillow in the family room after he said "You snooze, you loose." Apparently the camera was in his closet when I was back there...It must of been behind the other 3 other camera boxes I found. But NO COMPLAINTS HERE....
I am SO EXCITED!! I haven't had a camera the past couple of months. I am so happy to be able to record my life again. I really wanted this camera. I know it wasn't my birthday when I got it, but I wasn't going to be home on my actual birthday. I found it funny that I got my present on this day, April Fools, because it was the day of my actual due date. I arrived 2 weeks late.

The camera is PERFECT!!
(Mom didn't want me to take a picture of her)
I was so ready to try my new camera out. Bryan, Ashley, Tami, Weston, and the kids were at park so I went to go join them...
Once upon a time there was 7 chickens living on the Phipps Farm. Then two raccoons and a skunk later...there was only one. The raccoons were caught by the trap set out by the Phipps but the skunk got away.
But it came back and was not so fortunate...
This little guy (actually, lets hope girl, so she doesn't loose her head) was my favorite.
Makayla just adored them. I believe I checked on the chickens at least 10 times with her. And Evan, well... Lets just hope he doesn't squeeze them to death.
BIRTHDAY CELEBRATIONS!!
But lets face it, Aunt Megan's Diet Coke is SO much better.

6 comments:
Cute pics and fun times Megan! I'm jealous of your new camera, I want to get a nicer one too. Enjoy your break!
Love Amy ;)
MEGAN! I love reading about your trip home! So glad I can blog stalk you now!!!
Cute post Megan. You know we LOVE having you home, and miss you tons when your gone. :)
PS my chicken is finally becoming friends...or maybe a more correct wordage is that they aren't kicking the new guy out any more.
I'm glad you had a "killer" time in CA. You were missed... That kitchen doesn't clean itself :)
Awesome pictures. Keep them coming! so good to have you home for awhile. M
It's mom and dads account
Post a Comment