I started this about 3 months ago...
...and finally finished 2 days ago.
MORE FREEDOM comes with adulthood
BUT
so does MORE RESPONSIBILITY!!
Right now I am sitting on this couch trying to relax, blog, and watch a movie...but every few seconds my mind becomes inturrupted as questions/decisions with these so called adult responsibilties flood in. I have discovered a common factor and if made more abundantly...could solve all my problems and ease my mind. MONEY. That's it. MONEY. I mean...why couldn't it grow on trees? It is made with paper which comes from trees AND money and leaves are both green. But sadly, this is impossible and here I sit. I now understand 1/1000 of the stress my dad would carry on his shoulders as he worked day in and day out to build a business which has been able to provide for his family. I have been working for almost 10 months. It took me a few months before I stopped living pay check to pay check. Within the last couple of months I have been able to save a little. Just as I thought I was starting to become financially stable...work slows down. Let me break this down...
LESS SICK BABIES = LESS NEED FOR NURSES = CALL OFFS = LESS SHIFTS = LESS $$$
LESS $$$ = DECREASE IN SAVINGS TO PAY BILLS = MEGAN :(
I was talking with my dad the other day and asked if it is bad that I have been praying to work which means sick babies. His response...It's better than praying for death. Thank you Dad for the good laugh.
...what I am getting at...
Loving my Job came Easily
but
Loving the Bills did Not
I am grateful I have wonderful parents who have taught me to save and be financially minded
but
sometimes desire the past when it was 10 cents per dead fly and a smile to cover the rest.
Oh the good old days


2 comments:
hahha, Megan, you are so cute. 10 cents per fly and a smile to cover the rest. Aw yes, the good ol' days of mom and dad paying for everything. You and your Dad are funny wishing for sick babies and deaths haha. Does that mean I would wish people would have poor oral hygiene? ;)
I remember when all the newfound bills, endless things that just come up to pay for, and all the adulthood responsibilities felt like a big weight on my shoulder. I promise, it'll become more routine and be less stressful, and easier to manage. It'll take time and things will work out for you, and hopefully your work schedule will get more consistent too. So proud of you for becoming a nurse, that was a lot of work!!! At least you have a job you love and are so talented at. Now we just need to get them to give you more hours! :)
Love Amy :)
me too!..... I miss you
Post a Comment