CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Halloween = Dance Parties!!

This Halloween was Awesome...and by Halloween, I mean the weekend prior to the actual holiday when there was are tons of dance parties.

Erin came from Idaho to visit for the weekend. It was my first time seeing her since she left on her mission!! It was like old times minus a few people. Jill, Erin, and I hit the town in search of awesome Dance Parties to dance the night away. We had the hardest time figuring out what to wear and finally decided on super heroes. But we weren't any super hero in particular...we just put our initial on the back of our crapes. You wouldn't believe how much attention this drew. On night we made a pit stop at a grocery store in our costumes and we became best friends with like 10 strangers by the time we left. Who knew?

The first dance party was Friday night at Alpine Village in their underground parking lot. The music started off a little weird with some techno but eventually came around. Towards the end of the night we were dancing in the front middle where all we could hear was the music and all we could feel was sweat (sadly, not just our own).

Saturday night we headed out for another great night filled with dancing. The Halloween before we all (and by that I mean the girls of 207) went to the Loft. It is a dance club on Center Street in Provo. We thought we would revisit this club because last time was such a hit. When we got in we were sad to see it had gone down hill...it was filled with hardly anyone and the people who were there were couples. We needed to find a way out and for some reason Jill and Erin thought I would be the best person to convince the front desk person to give us our money back. I obviously couldn't just go up and say "your party is lame. Can we have our money back?" So we (or should I say I) came up with a way to stretch the truth. Having two lawyers in the family has taught me how to properly word things as to not lie but guide the person in believing what I want him to hear (aka the action of manipulating). So I carefully worded a story that sounded like my roommate called the cops, we have a peeper creeper, she is scared, and she needs to me come. All of which is true and had happened that day. I know...I am going to hell. But hey, we got our money back.
With that, we were off to another party in Provo in some one's backyard. It was fun!! But this was by far the worse when it came to guys believing it was ok to grab a girl's butt or dance in someone else's personal space (and that is putting it nicely). If you take out the pervs...it was a lot of fun hanging out with the girls and running into old friends. Hanging out with Jill and Erin this weekend just made me really excited for January and all the new memories to come.

I ran into Mike and Ryan a lot during this weekend. Most of my Orem friends would express their shock of me going to a dance party, but than the comment was normally followed by statement expressing how that wasn't the typical hang out activity they would do. Thus answer there question to who is this Megan I have never met before.


The best part is...by the time Halloween actually got here, I was exhausted!! I ended up just hanging out at Jarom's and watching a scaring movie with some friends.

0 comments: